Common Questions

Where do I apply for a social insurance number?

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is issued by the federal government.

Contact your local Alberta or Canada-Alberta Service Centre by dialing 310-0000 and asking for the office nearest you. Or visit the website of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada below. You can also download SIN application forms.